In the food box this week: Mind-blowing fruit
This week’s fruit and veg CSA box was REALLY exciting. And I mean it. Here’s a peek at some of the types of fruits we received:
Blood plum, yellow champagne watermelon, mango, lychees, star fruit, banana, fig.
And here’s some of the veg:
Some plans for eating these beauties:
- Cous cous, chickpea, and roast vegetable salad from the amazing cookbook Martha Goes Green.
- Lentils with roast vegetables, following the River Cottage style of roasting.
- Creamy zucchini pasta, adapting a Whole Larder Love recipe to be vegetarian.
- Trying out sour cream pastry pie dough from Maggie Beer’s Maggie’s Harvest, and probably filling it with a condensed version of an Italian lentil soup.
- Maybe something like these Black bean and corn veggie burgers from Food52.
- Watermelon, mint and lime ice blocks. Yum.
- Attempting Heidi Swanson’s baked doughnuts as there is a doughnut fiend in this home.